Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Night of Fright

A little story before I get the Halloween pics posted... Last night we were trying to get out the door to go trick-or-treating, and my friend Karen was there with her boys Finnigan, 8, and Ethan, 3. They were wearing these awesome glow-in-the-dark skeleton pirate costumes, with a skeleton mask. Jacob was being incredibly clingy to begin with, but when Finn put on his skeleton mask, I saw actual FRIGHT out of Jacob for probably the first time in his entire life! He screamed and held onto my arm for dear life. He was sitting next to me on the stairs (I was trying to get his shoes and socks on him), and he kept squeezing his body as close to me as he could, while screaming and gripping my arm and digging all 10 fingernails into my arm. Wow! That was a shocker. When we all realized what was scaring him to death, Finn was so considerate, he yanked off his mask and said, "I won't wear it, it's scaring Jacob too much!" .. sooo sweet. The boys all had a great time and got tons of candy! More stories (and pics) after I get the kitchen cleaned up. :o)

Hope everybody had a Happy (and less frightful) Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Glad you had a good halloween! Everyone in our family has a cold this weekend. Luckily Aidan got it first so he was well enough to go out last night! Take care!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of Finn to take his mask off.
Can't wait for you to post pics of Jacob in his costume.
We had 2 whole Trick or Treater's at our house (and that was the children from next door). I can only imagine how much candy a kid could gather in your neighborhood-it would be a candy-crunchers dream!
Sabra