Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mommy Goes to Work

Today was my first actual workday since Jacob was born! And Jacob's first trip to a babysitter's (my friend Heather babysat... so not just 'any' ole babysitter :). I'm doing some software consulting for a company here in Irvine, and today I only had to be there for just a couple of hours. But, a couple hours of work requires several hours of preparation before ever getting there.... I was in the shower at 6:15am and it's been non-stop ever since.

I packed the car last night with all of Jacob's necessities for the day, then while the little sleepyhead slept in this morning, I packed his lunch. His new favorite thing for lunch: a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! (cut into 6 triangles..)

I had wanted to leave by 8:30 this morning, but had to wake him up at 8:20 because he was still sound asleep. Breakfast was rushed so he only got a half a banana, and I took the pancakes that I had already made with us. Heather has a 3-year old son Preston (who weighs less than Jacob!) and a little girl, Janelle, who is 3 weeks younger than Jacob, but she is sooo tiny and adorable and petite, she makes Jacob look like Bam-Bam. He is almost a whole head taller than her. So the kids ate the pancakes that I brought, and in fact Heather said that Jacob ate two of them. That's my hungry little monster. :) Heather's back yard is like a toddler wonderland, with every toddler-sized vehicle and riding toy that a kid could want. So when I kissed Jacob goodbye, he just looked at me like, "I'm realling liking this red car, Mom." I knew he'd be fine. heehehee

When I finally picked him up, Heather's husband Phil had gotten home just before I got there. Jacob was soooo into Phil that he did not even notice (or care?) that his Mama just walked in!! Geez... all that work and I get ignored?? LOL Actually, I thought that was a very good sign and it made me very happy that he had such a good time that he couldn't care less that his Mom just walked in the door. That's the way it should be. :) Jacob obviously was very comfortable there (he was even putting his feet on the coffee table!) and then gave everybody a goodbye kiss.

His huge appetite continued through dinner, as he powered down two helpings of peas, a whole hotdog bun (toasted), and an ENTIRE CHICKEN BREAST. Not a child-sized one... and he ate every bite. Plus peaches. *burp* Makes me full just thinking about it. :)

I'll post pictures later.... Mommy is tired... :)

No comments: