Once we finally were well enough to travel (I postponed my flight to WV twice because of being sick), Jacob & I ran into every sort of airline issue imaginable. We left California on Thursday morning, got stuck overnight in both Houston, TX and Columbus, OH, then finally got to Mom's house on Saturday night at 9pm! But I have to say, as much of a nightmare the travel was, I have the BEST cousins in the entire world. My cousin Tim in Houston drove an hour to pick Jacob & I up at the airport, took us out to dinner (good ole Texas BBQ - yumm!!), put us up in his guest room, then took a half-day off work the next day to cook a nice breakfast for us and take us back to the airport. We even got to visit with other cousins who live in Houston who came over and had breakfast with us. What a treat!
After a full day in the Houston airport and seven failed attempts to get a standby seat, we finally managed to get on a flight to Columbus, where Tim saved the day again and arranged for my other cousins Debbie and Kelly to come get us (at midnight!) and put us up for the night! Like I said... yay for cousins!!!
We got lucky on most of our flights and Jacob got his own window seat. He really loves looking out the window! This is leaving Orange County, with Newport Beach below us:

Jacob's first time in Texas - and he had a great ole time! He made the flight nightmare so much more tolerable.

Jacob really loved cousin Tim. He would've been happy to just stay a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment